Small Communities, Big Opportunities
The Rural Summit is RCV’s annual conference. 2014’s Summit will consider rural challenges and opportunities and bring together council representatives, business people, government agencies, community development and economic development practitioners to focus on new opportunities. An excellent strategic initiative for the strategic planning that faces rural and regional communities.
WhaleSongServices Clients can find more details in our EVENTS Calendar
The theme ‘Small Communities, Big Opportunities; facing the future and embracing change’ provides a platform for a collaborative approach to the issues facing rural councils in Victoria, focusing on topics such as capitalising on heritage based tourism, providing sustainable economic development and community development, attracting and retaining youth in the community and embracing technology opportunities.
Topics on the 2014 program include:
- sustaining and building rural economies,
- the financial sustainability of rural councils,
- the economic impacts of corporate farms on small communities,
- the importance of local produce in marketing country Victoria and
- economic growth opportunities available through migrant shifts to rural areas.
All details can be found on their site here