The past is a foreign country…
- A robotic barrista.
- No pods, “real”, personalised coffee.
- 120 Coffees in 60 Minutes.
- The robot fulfills 300 to 400 orders a day.
The manufacturer, Cafe X is focused on scaling its manufacturing capabilities in 2018 and will be launching additional locations in 2019.
- Australia’s youngest workers are increasingly concentrated in a handful of hospitality and food preparation jobs
- Nationally, workers aged 15-34 make up 84 per cent of fast food cooks (up from 75 per cent in 2006), 79 per cent of bar attendants and baristas (up from 73 per cent) and 66 per cent of cafe workers (up from 56 per cent).