In 2015-2016, the “Lines cross”…
- Between 1994 and 2014 the Youth Population in Australia [12-24] grew by 0.6%
- In contrast, the Australian Population as a whole grew by 1.4%
- In the last five  Years, the Youth Population [12-24] grew by 0.7%. The Australian Population grew by 1.7%
- From 1971 to 2014 the NUMBER of Young has increased from three [3,015,898] to four [3,984,650] Million, but the PROPORTION of young people in the total population has declined
Indigenous Populations in Australia
The Indigenous population trends in Australia are very different.
The indigenous population is *MUCH* younger than non-indigenous population.
- Indigenous YOUNG represent 27% of the total Indigenous Population
- NON-indigenous YOUNG represent 17% and will decline further to 15% by 2049
Some Global Numbers
- 15-24 Year olds make up 17% of the global population but 40% of the unemployed, a figure that doesn’t include those enrolled in school.